WHAT WE BELIEVE
Statement of Beliefs
This is an abbreviated version of our Statement of Beliefs. If you would like to look at a complete version of our North American Baptist statement of faith, you can find it here.
1. We believe that the Bible is God's Word given, without error, to guide his people.
2. We believe in God as three equal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the
3. We believe that there are spirit beings: angels who serve God, and demons who serve Satan.
4. We believe that God created all things and created people in his own image.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life because he died on the cross and rose from the dead. Salvation is available to anyone who turns from their sin and believes in Jesus as their saviour.
6. We believe that the church is the body of Christ lived out in unity in the world.
7. We believe that the church should pray for and be obedient to the government as long
as it is not contradictory to scripture.
8. We believe that Christians are to stand up for truth, justice, and the rights of all groups
9. We believe that Jesus will return to the earth and all people will be judged based on the way they have or have not follow Jesus.
10. We believe that marriage is the lifelong relationship, based on commitment, between
one man and one woman.
"Follow Jesus. Love People.
Make a Difference."
We believe this sums up what God has called us to do in this world. Our first call as disciples is to follow Jesus and be more like Him every day. Jesus in turn has commanded us to love people as we love ourselves. When we do this, we will inevitably treat them in such as to make a difference in their lives, and when that happens, we will impact our community as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
Every church should have a three-fold emphasis in all that they do. These can be described as Upward, Inward and Outward. "Upward" - this describes what happens every Sunday morning as we worship Jesus as the one, true God. "Inward" - we have fellowship and teaching times so that we can encourage one another in our Christian walk. "Outward" - we seek to reach others for Christ, through personal witness and various events that present Jesus to those who might not know Him.
We are located in a rural/small town area of Manitoba with different kinds of industries and commercial endeavours. The makeup of our church reflects that, as we have farmers, agricultural workers, teachers, social workers, mechanics, office workers, doctors and nurses - you name it - who are members. This creates a rich tapestry of individuals who contribute according to their various gifts and abilities and makes our church a friendly, welcoming place to attend.
FIND YOUR FAITH
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.